All the physical labor of moving can give your body a beating. Even if you hire moving companies to help you, there is a good chance that you will still have to put in a little muscle power before, during, and after your moving day. Just as you have to take care of your fragile items and breakables, you also have to take care of yourself in the process of moving. Here are a few do’s and don’ts of moving to preserve your back:
- First of all, do test every load you intend to lift. It can be a box or a piece of furniture. Do not unduly stress your body by trying to lift something that is too heavy for you.
- Also, do ensure that those boxes are packed correctly. The proper way to pack is to evenly distribute the weight of the objects inside the box. Loose pieces may cause accidents if the box is tipped over.
- After getting a proper assessment of the load, do lift with your legs and don’t arch your back. Maintain the natural curve of your spine to protect your back’s anatomy.
- Do bend your knees and don’t bend at the waist when picking up the load.
- Do face the object you intend to lift and don’t twist your body when lifting.
- Do try to maintain the weight in between your shoulders and your waist to lessen the strain on your back muscles.
- Don’t overdo it. You may also consider professional help. Moving companies can assist you in carrying those boxes in and out of your house with dollies and carts.
While the process of moving can be exhausting, the end result is sure to be pleasant when you do things properly. With the help of professional movers, you can spare yourself from the hard labor so you can have more energy to enjoy your new home.
Let Us do the Ehavy Lifting. www.movingcompanies.co.za , get a free quote today