The process of moving home or office can have large psychological effects on your employees, your family and you. Human’s naturally avoid change and adjusting to as large a change as relocation is really quite a big deal. Along with the physical process of moving comes dealing with new people, friend, a new job and new schools all of which can result in a range of emotions. So here are a few pieces of advice that might lessen the stress of moving home or office
1. Accept that you are moving. Tackle it head on
2. Visit your new home or office a few times: Take your family or coworkers with – allow them to adjust to the new area and space gradually instead of suddenly springing the relocation on them. An idea could be to gradually move stuff into your new house or office together over an extended period of time
3. Maintain your routines: Keep your lifestyle and routines roughly the same in your new home or office space.
4. Say goodbye to the space: Organise a farewell party or closing party. This might give you closure when moving away from a space
5. make the most of your new home or space. After moving home or office explore the area, attend events and activities in the area and focus on enjoying your new space.
6. Accept that at times your may feel uncomfortable and uprooted: be honest with yourself, allow yourself to feel uneasy, stressed or upset by maintain a positive attitude
Life is constantly evolving and the change associated with relocation is something that needs to be accepted. If you can embrace the move and view it as an opportunity for new experiences, you will tend to reap the benefits more than those who resist it.